Through our SEL Exchange, national forums, and cross-districts learning events, CASEL convenes leaders from the field to share knowledge and advance SEL in communities, districts, schools, and classrooms across the country.
This national gathering is for all those seeking to understand, experience, and apply the latest developments in social and emotional learning. The inaugural SEL Exchange took place in Chicago Oct. 2-4, 2019. Learn more
Cross-Districts Learning Events
Our district partners have created a community of learners who convene regularly to share best practices on SEL. These events offer numerous opportunities for educators, policymakers, and community leaders to expand their understanding of SEL implementation, meet colleagues working on similar activities and innovative approaches, hear from experts in various aspects of SEL, and visit partner district schools to observe SEL firsthand. Reports, presentations, videos, and photos from these events are available at the links below.
- 2020: With a focus on the importance of a positive, supportive culture and climate. (Atlanta, Georgia)
- 2019: With a focus on equity as an element of student success and student voice as a key to effective SEL. (Sacramento, Calif.)
- 2018: With a focus on building a supportive school community through a systemic approach. (Chicago, Ill.)
- 2017: With a focus on the power of partnerships, practices, and programs. (Oakland, Calif.)
- 2016: With a focus on SEL and equity, racial awareness, and SEL assessments. (Reno, Nev.)
- 2015: With a focus on financial sustainability, social justice, and restorative practices. (Cleveland, Ohio)
- 2013: With a focus on implementation in middle and high schools, and SEL leadership. (Nashville, Tenn.)
- 2012: With a focus on youth voice, youth leadership, and communications planning. (Austin, Tex.)
- 2011: Launch of the annual cross-district meeting. (Anchorage, Alaska)
The 2017 cross-districts learning event featured an inspiring message to districts from Jennifer Buffett, co-president of NoVo Foundation and funder of CASEL’s district partnership initiative. Watch the video here.
2011 CASEL Forum featured former U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan, representatives from our partner school districts, and New York Times columnist David Brooks.