As CASEL’s director of conference and convenings, what I love best about my job is that I get to plan one-of-a-kind events that bring together education researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to share their learnings in the field of social and emotional learning (SEL).
Right now, I’m really excited because we’re deep in planning for the 2024 SEL Exchange! In honor of CASEL’s 30th anniversary, this will be an extra-special event. The theme, ACCELERATE: Academic Thriving and Lifelong Learning, is a call to leverage the latest evidence and innovation around academic, social, and emotional learning to invigorate the next era of education. We already know that SEL paves the way for academic thriving and lifelong learning. We just need to put our foot on the gas!
You can join us! The Call for Submissions is now open. As a presenter, you’ll have the opportunity to share your discoveries and insights, spark conversion, and inspire new innovations.
NOTE: The Call for Submissions will be open from January 17 through March 1, 2024. The 2024 SEL Exchange will be held on November 12-14, 2024.
Types of Sessions
- 75-Minute Breakout/Panel Session: A topical, engaging, and interactive exploration of ideas, strategies, or research findings that make compelling connections to the field and provide practical application opportunities.
- PechaKucha: Solo presentations, during which an individual presenter has seven minutes to narrate the story of their “bite-sized idea that made a big impact” in 20 slides. Multiple PechaKucha presentations will be grouped together sharing one 75-minute breakout session.
- Research Paper: Individual 15-minute oral presentation of research papers grouped into a breakout session with a discussant.
Written and graphic presentations that amplify practice, policy, and/or research efforts on a 36” x 48” poster during the Wednesday evening Poster Reception
- Research Posters: Early career scholars through senior researchers share their SEL-focused research.
- Non-Research Posters: School and district practitioners display and discuss SEL innovations they are leading, and policymakers and shapers from local, district, state, national, and international arenas display how they have supported systemic SEL implementation.
How to Submit Your Proposal
Submit your proposal using the SEL Exchange Call for Submissions portal. When developing you submission, be sure to consult these resources:
- The Call for Sessions Guide, which outlines everything you need to know about the process and requirements for presenters (travel, registration, etc.)
- Call for Submissions Checklist, which outlines all the items required in your submission
- The Call for Submissions Rubric, which outlines standards that reviewers will use to assess the submissions
Some Things to Know
- The Call for Submissions portal allows you to save your submission as a draft up until the submission deadline of 11:59pm on March 1. After March 1, no changes can be made and no submissions will be accepted.
- Tips from past reviewers of SEL Exchange proposals are coming soon! Check back with the CASEL blog to learn more.
Good luck! We’re excited to see all the proposal submissions, and to learn and grow with the SEL community in 2024.