Professional Learning in Schools
Design and implement effective professional learning programs to build internal capacity for academic, social, and emotional learning. When fully planned and implemented:
- The SEL team and other school leaders have participated in professional learning focused on basic SEL concepts and how to facilitate schoolwide SEL.
- Professional learning focused on basic SEL concepts is offered at least once a year to all staff as part of an inservice day.
- The majority of staff members have participated in professional learning focused on basic SEL concepts as well as other important topics that help them achieve the school’s goals for schoolwide SEL.
- Teachers, administrators, and other instructional staff have participated in professional learning for the evidence-based SEL program that has been adopted.
- Ongoing support (e.g., observation with feedback, coaching) for implementing schoolwide SEL is provided.
- The SEL team has developed a sustainable plan for professional learning related to SEL (e.g., professional learning communities, budget allocated to SEL, teachers provided with release time for SEL training, observing peers, coaches to support implementation).
Tools coming soon.