Host: Anchorage School District
The 2011 Cross-District Learning Event was the inaugural convening for the Collaborating Districts Initiative (CDI).
The purpose of an annual meeting is to:
- Establish cross-district connections and create a learning community to support systemic, evidenced based SEL implementation for all students.
- Deepen research and practice knowledge with lessons learned.
- Address challenges and problems of practice with the group serving as critical friends.
- Highlight all districts’ work, in particular to recognize Anchorage School District’s achievements with panel presentations and school visits.
Sunday, Oct. 9
CASEL Cross-District Program Overview
Libia Gil, CASEL Vice President for Practice
What evidence reflects the depth and breadth of SEL implementations in our schools?
Carol Comeau, Anchorage School District Superintendent
Monday, Oct. 10
District Presentations on SEL Implementation: Accomplishments, Challenges, Lessons Learned, and Moving Forward
- Anchorage Team Presentation by: Vickie Blakeney and Team
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District Team Presentation by: Eric Gordon and Team
- Austin Independent School District Team Presentation by: Eric Schaps and Team (PDF)
Tuesday, Oct. 11
Common Lessons Learned
Cross District Evaluation Findings and Discussion (PPT)
Presented by: Kim Kendziora, AIR
Research Updates and Implications
Program Review Status and State Scan (PPT)
Presented by: Roger Weissberg, Linda Dusenbury, Jessy Newman
Job-Alikes Working Lunch
CASEL Staff Pamela Randall-Garner and Consultant Hector Montenegro
Closing: Experiential Activities