Social and emotional learning (SEL) is key to how schools, communities, and families value and support the social, emotional, and academic development of their children. To support your efforts to put SEL into action, we have recommended resources that offer practical, actionable strategies and information.
SEL Trends is our series of briefs spotlighting emerging trends in the field of SEL. These perspectives are based on our extensive ongoing work with school district partners, notably through our Collaborating Districts Initiative. These districts are on the cutting edge of implementing SEL systemically and districtwide. Their work can be an example for other school systems that share the goal of providing all students a well-rounded education that integrates social, emotional, and academic learning.
Click on the images below to download items in the series: (1) Reorganizing District Central Offices (March 2018), (2) Empowering Youth Voice (July 2018), (3) Integrating with Academics (October 2018), and (4) All Schools Benefit (March 2019).
SEL Practices: Articles by CASEL
- States Are Stepping Up to Support Social and Emotional Learning (Education Week, Aug 2018)
- Why We Can’t Have Social and Emotional Learning Without Equity (Education Week, Jul 2018)
- Practical Tools for Improving Safety—and Other Social and Emotional Learning Priorities (ASCD Express, Feb 2019)
- OPINION: How do you measure social and emotional learning? (The Hechinger Report, Mar 2019)
- Collaborative Classrooms Support Social-Emotional Learning (ASCD Express, Apr 2019)