CASEL envisions a world where all students and adults benefit from high-quality SEL in schools and classrooms. No organization or individual can do this alone. We need your help!
Join us and the SEL movement to help improve the school, work, and life opportunities for all children and youth. Here’s how:
- Communicate about your commitment through presentations, blogs, op-eds, and social media. Make the Case for SEL.
- Implement SEL using the guidance and resources in the SEL District Resource Center and assess your district’s current efforts.
- Explore how leading districts are prioritizing SEL in a series of briefs spotlighting emerging trends in the field of SEL.
- Access guidance for creating a welcoming and supportive culture where SEL can flourish.
- Explore the process for implementing SEL through CASEL’s Schoolwide Guide to SEL and track your progress.
- Communicate with families and community members about why SEL is so critical to student success.
- Create an SEL leadership team at your school to bring SEL to the classroom and strengthen your own social and emotional skills.
- Talk to families about the importance of SEL during one-on-one conferences, back-to-school nights, open houses, and more. Make the Case for SEL.
- Write about your experience teaching SEL and the impact it is having for media outlets like Edutopia and ASCD Express.
- Review our evidence criteria to see if your program’s evaluation meets the requirements for inclusion.
- Explore CASEL’s application manual for step-by-step instructions to submit to be evaluated, from creating an account to submitting forms.
- Check out what programs have been reviewed and included in our evidence-based Program Guide.
- Establish policies and SEL learning goals for various grades and developmental levels.
- Review how states nationwide are creating the conditions for SEL to flourish in districts and schools.
- Help implement the policy recommendations from the National Commission for Social, Emotional, and Academic Development.
Researchers and Scholars
- Read about the latest research and findings on SEL and share the data with your colleagues.
- Help implement the research recommendations from the National Commission for Social, Emotional, and Academic Development.
- Suggest research resources for our Resource Library to help users better understand fundamental areas of SEL.
Parents and Families
- Learn what SEL is all about by watching the SEL for Parents Introductory Video (Spanish version).
- Use expert guidance to work with your school’s teachers to learn how to reinforce SEL skills in the home.
- Work with schools to support the integration of SEL into students’ lives both in and out of the classroom.
- Use guidance from the Schoolwide Guide to SEL to partner with local school staff in giving students a consistent experience of SEL.
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for the latest on SEL resources, events, and news.
- Register for free, online district and school resources for implementation guidance and access exclusive membership benefits. (Districts & Schools).
- Share information about our free, online tools with your network and/or on social media. District Resource Center, CASEL Guide to Schoolwide SEL, and SEL Assessment Guide.
Make a tax-deductible donation to CASEL and help ensure all students receive the education they deserve to succeed in school, in work, and in life. Donate today.