CASEL envisions a world where all students and adults benefit from high-quality SEL in schools and classrooms. No organization or individual can do this alone. We need your help!
- Communicate about your commitment through presentations, blogs, op-eds, and social media. Make the Case for SEL.
- Implement SEL using the guidance and resources in the SEL District Resource Center and assess your district’s current efforts.
- Explore how leading districts are prioritizing SEL in a series of briefs spotlighting emerging trends in the field of SEL.
- Access guidance for creating a welcoming and supportive culture where SEL can flourish.
- Explore the process for implementing SEL through CASEL’s Schoolwide Guide to SEL and track your progress.
- Communicate with families and community members about why SEL is so critical to student success.
- Create an SEL leadership team at your school to bring SEL to the classroom and strengthen your own social and emotional skills.
- Talk to families about the importance of SEL during one-on-one conferences, back-to-school nights, open houses, and more. Make the Case for SEL.
- Write about your experience teaching SEL and the impact it is having for media outlets like Edutopia and ASCD Express.
- Review our evidence criteria to see if your program’s evaluation meets the requirements for inclusion.
- Explore CASEL’s application manual for step-by-step instructions to submit to be evaluated, from creating an account to submitting forms.
- Check out what programs have been reviewed and included in our evidence-based Program Guide.
- Establish policies and SEL learning goals for various grades and developmental levels.
- Review how states nationwide are creating the conditions for SEL to flourish in districts and schools.
- Help implement the policy recommendations from the National Commission for Social, Emotional, and Academic Development.
Researchers and Scholars
- Read about the latest research and findings on SEL and share the data with your colleagues.
- Help implement the research recommendations from the National Commission for Social, Emotional, and Academic Development.
- Suggest research resources for our Resource Library to help users better understand fundamental areas of SEL.
Parents and Families
- Learn what SEL is all about by watching the SEL for Parents Introductory Video (Spanish version).
- Use expert guidance to work with your school’s teachers to learn how to reinforce SEL skills in the home.
- Work with schools to support the integration of SEL into students’ lives both in and out of the classroom.
- Use guidance from the Schoolwide Guide to SEL to partner with local school staff in giving students a consistent experience of SEL.
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for the latest on SEL resources, events, and news.
- Register for free, online district and school resources for implementation guidance and access exclusive membership benefits. (Districts & Schools).
- Share information about our free, online tools with your network and/or on social media. District Resource Center, CASEL Guide to Schoolwide SEL, and SEL Assessment Guide.
Make a tax-deductible donation to CASEL and help ensure all students receive the education they deserve to succeed in school, in work, and in life. Donate today.