- Communicate about your commitment through presentations, blogs, op-eds, and social media. Make the Case for SEL.
- Implement SEL using the guidance resources on CASEL’s District Resource Center and assess your district’s current SEL efforts.
- Explore how leading districts are prioritizing SEL and consider connecting with leadership in those districts.
- Create an SEL leadership team at your school to bring SEL to the classroom and strengthen your own social and emotional skills. School SEL leadership team.
- Talk to families about the importance of SEL during one-on-one conferences, back-to-school nights, open houses, and more. Make the Case for SEL.
- Write about your experience teaching SEL for media outlets like Edutopia and ASCD Express.
- Establish policies and SEL learning goals for various grades and developmental levels.
- Connect with states that are creating the conditions for SEL to flourish in districts and schools. State Scorecard Scan
- Help implement the policy recommendations from the National Commission for Social, Emotional, and Academic Development. Policy Agenda
Researchers and Scholars
Parents and Families
- Learn what SEL is all about. SEL for Parents Introductory Video (and in Spanish)
- Ask district leaders and the school board to support SEL in schools and classrooms. Share our SEL Discussion Series for parents (and in Spanish)
- Work with your child’s teachers to learn how to reinforce SEL skills at home.
- Work with schools to support the integration of SEL into students’ lives both in and out of the classroom.
- Reach out to your local school members to partner with them in giving students a consistent experience of SEL. Guiding questions for the conversation.
- Host events and showcase community projects that highlight the power and value of SEL for students, families, and the larger community. Do we have any tools to help them do this?
Subscribe to the CASEL monthly newsletter for the latest on SEL resources, events, and news.
Register for free, online district and school resources for implementation guidance and special membership benefits. Districts. Schools.
Follow CASEL on social media accounts for more frequent updates. Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Check out the CASEL events calendar to sign up for our latest webinars and Twitter Town Halls.
Spread the Word
Present the benefits of SEL to your key stakeholders. Make the Case for SEL.
Share information about our free, online tools with your network and/or on social media. District Resource Center, Guide to Schoolwide SEL, and SEL Assessment Guide.
Make a tax-deductible donation to CASEL and help ensure all students receive the education they deserve to succeed in school, in work, and in life. Donate today.
CASEL envisions a world where all students and adults benefit from high-quality SEL in schools and classrooms. No organization or individual can do this alone. We need your help! Join us and the SEL movement, and help improve the school, work, and life opportunities for all children and youth. Here’s how: