Examples of strong SEL can be found in schools and districts nationwide. Because of SEL, schools are becoming places where children feel safe, supported, and excited about learning, teachers are energized, and parents are enthusiastic about their child’s education.
We publish a monthly electronic newsletter that documents these successes, tells the stories of educators on the front lines of SEL, and offers information, resources, and tools educators need to implement and integrate SEL effectively. Subscribing to our newsletter is just one of the ways you can join the SEL movement and become part of the transformation SEL is creating in the education of our children and youth.
To subscribe to our newsletter, click here.
Here are other ways you can join the movement:
- Use and share the growing number of practical tools, designed for educators and families, and developed by our network of districts and schools.
- Stay up to date through our News section.
- Learn more about what leading educators are doing, what the research says, and how policymakers are helping to create the conditions where quality SEL can thrive.
- Ask your local schools, companies, and community organizations to prioritize SEL. It’s what educators, employers, and community leaders say kids need.
- Encourage state and local policymakers to integrate SEL into all school planning, support local educators, and fund ongoing research.
- Make a tax-deductible donation to support our work.
The Time Is Now
It is time to unite around a powerful new vision of what it means to teach and learn.
It is time for every child to benefit from the lasting impact of social and emotional learning.
It is time to call our nation to action to create a powerful new paradigm that will help transform our schools.